Saturday, July 12, 2014

A non toxic Solution to laundry? Soap Nuts liquid laundry detergent Review #GVP



The past few years I have been converting things around my home and in our life.  What kinds of converting IS Glamamama doing, you are probably thinking.  I have been changing over to organic and less processed foods and cleaning products.  I just feel like it is healthier for my family and I sleep better at night.  I recently had the opportunity to try out a new non toxic laundry product from Green Virgin products called Soap Nuts.  It sounds kind of nutty but soap nuts have been used for thousands of years in Asia and even by Native Americans.  The use of soap nuts was actually one of the most ancient cleaning methods but it is super effective and as green as you can get. Who knows why we started using all these chemically enhanced cleaning agents when we have an effective green option like this.

The drupes (also known as soap nuts) contain saponins which are a natural surfactant or cleaner. Green Virgin extracts this natural soap called saponin from the soap nuts and combines it with water to create a 100% non toxic laundry detergent. It sounds kind of wacky but a small 8 oz bottle does 120 loads!  That saves a lot of money.  I tried it out with several different loads of clothes including towels, whites and colors.  My clothes came out very soft and I didn't even use any fabric softener. My husband really loved that Soap Nuts is hypoallergenic and didn't irritate his skin. The net negative carbon footprint is an added bonus.

Soap Nuts would be a great option for anyone that wants to use a non-toxic laundry soap or  natural detergent.  It is a great alternative to the commercially based chemical detergents out there in the stores.  I think it would be a great option if you have babies or small children too because it is hypoallergenic and fragrance free. Good for anyone with sensitive skin or people like my husband who cannot tolerate any scent. He just loved the unscented clean that Soap Nuts provided for our sheets and towels. Every load of laundry came out very clean, soft and fresh. I would even use it for more delicate fabrics like silk and wool in cold water too. I prefer washing my dresses and blouses for work versus dry cleaning so Soap Nuts would be my first choice. A few of my friends have used cloth diapers and this would be great to get them clean and odor free without any irritating scent or chemicals. 

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments: